Ready to Become A Member?
We are always looking for new members to join our club.
Here are some membership requirement highlights:
- While attending our meetings please engage our Rotarians and find a member to sponsor your application into our Club. Please do not ask a member who’s name badge has a Red Badge sticker or a member that has been with our club for less than a year. The sponsor will be your advocate through this process, answer any questions that you have, and become your buddy.
- Annual member costs are $175 to Rotary International and $150 quarterly for meals, which is an annual cost of $775. For your convenience we can setup your credit card to be billed $65/month to cover your meals and dues.
- Rotary’s attendance requirement to remain in good standing is 50% attendance, we like our members to aim for higher and completely understand if you have other obligations that require you to miss a meeting. Make-ups are pretty easy to get done either by attending another club’s meeting or through one of our club’s various activities.
Meet the folks that make up Diablo View Rotary Club!
Criminal Investigator – County of Alameda – Office of the Public Defender
Allocation Manager – Ross Stores Inc.
Lawyer – The Angell Law Firm
Lawyer – Berding Weil
Owner – fLO Content
Team Secretary Hospice of the East Bay
Lawyer – Law Offices of Dawn Ceizler
Real Estate Agent
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator – Mobility Matters
Enterprise Risk Management Coordinator at Wilbur-Ellis
Sales Representative- VWR
Sergeant at Arms
Vice President Wealth Management at Shone Wealth Management
External Home Loan Consultant at Patelco Credit Union
Owner – DNS Electric
Certified Public Accountant
Partner at Brothers Smith LLP
Whether you’re already a member of Diablo View Rotary, or just checking us out, these items may interest you.
Learn more about how Diablo View Rotary Club is administered. Our full bylaws can be found here
All new Diablo View Rotary members go through our “Red Badge” process to help acclimate you to the club.
See Red Badge Requirements
Red Badge Requirements
During their first 12 months of membership in the Diablo View Rotary, new members are required to complete 10 the following objectives:
- Attend a board meeting.
- Bring a guest to a meeting.
- Visit at least 1 other Rotary Club.
- Meet with 5 current members outside of a scheduled Rotary meeting. (i.e., meet for coffee, go out to dinner, grab lunch either with five DVRers separately or 5 or more all at once.)
- Volunteer at a community service event.
Optional (complete 5)
- Actively become a member of a committee
- Locate and introduce a relevant speaker
- Attend one of the following: club fellowship, district conference, district assembly or other district meeting
- Update your contact information on our website with Club Secretary
- Hold an event which nets $250.00 for charity
- Publicize the Diablo View Rotary in local media and/or print
- Read the ABC’s of Rotary
- Make a donation that is personally meaningful toward your Paul Harris contribution
- Become a sponsor and/or mentor
- Join a Rotary Fellowship group
There are many opportunities for professional growth at Diablo View Rotary.
See Leadership Opportunities
Paul Harris Foundation
Rotary started with the vision of one man — Paul Harris. The Chicago attorney formed the Rotary Club of Chicago on 23 February 1905, so professionals with diverse backgrounds could exchange ideas, form meaningful, lifelong friendships, and give back to their communities.
The Paul Harris Fellow program recognizes individuals who contribute, or who have contributions made in their name, of $1,000 to The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International.
The honor was established in 1957 to show appreciation for contributions that support our Annual Fund, PolioPlus, or an approved Foundation grant.
DVR Paul Harris Fellows
- Timothy Allen
- Matthew Angell
- Rita Pearson
- Stephanie Shaterian
- Sheryl Wilson
DVR Paul Harris Fellows+
- David Pearson +1
- Dawn Ceizler +8