Erik Udd from the Iron Horse District of the Boy Scouts will be visiting us to speak on the importance of scouting.
The Iron Horse district is the local Boy scout organization including Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and parts of Lafayette. Scouting provides the following for our youth:
- Adventure: Scouting is many boys‘ introduction to the great outdoors and, most important, a lesson on their place in it.
- Leadership: Scouting builds leaders. Former Scouts sit on the boards of global corporations, walk the halls of the White House, and have been known to occasionally go hiking on the moon. The life lessons they learn in Scouting help them make good decisions throughout life.
- Learning: Many Scouts achieve more before the age of 18 than some people do in a lifetime. Best of all, they do it to not only improve themselves, but also their communities and country.
- Service: There are many paths to follow in life. With the invaluable guidance of adult leaders, Scoutsare better prepared to enjoy their lifelong journey that leads them to personal success.
- Outdoors: Youth today face many distractions. The world is more than computers and video games.Scouting promotes active involvement in the enduring nature of the Scouting experience.